Being a foster parent is a ministry. White’s foster parents have a common desire to reach out in Christian love to children in need. They recognize that they may be the first persons to provide a nurturing, safe home for a child in their care and encourage that child to reach his potential.
White’s foster parents have varied backgrounds and cultural diversity. Some are married, single and divorced. Some own their homes while others rent. We take great care in matching families and children so that the chances for successful placement are maximized.
As a White’s foster parent, you will receive the support and encouragement you need to be successful. You will have the chance to serve with a Christian organization with over 150 years of history. Most importantly, you will make a change for good in the lives of children in need. As one of our foster parents likes to say in regard to fostering, “My mission field is my home.”
Who can be a foster parent? White’s considers the following important in new foster parents:
- Active involvement in a church for support
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Passing a criminal history and background check
- Demonstrating financial stability
- Owning or renting your own home that meets physical safety standards
- Medical statements from a physician for all household members
- Successful completion of pre-service, first aid, CPR and universal precautions training
- Positive personal reference statements
- Meeting the licensing staff for home visits
- Completing all required forms within the licensing packet
If you are interested in foster parenting, view the training schedule in your area or fill out the form below for more information.