Residential Services at Northwest Indiana Campus
The NWI Campus sits on 110 acres in Wheatfield, Ind., 20 miles south of Valparaiso, Ind.
Private Secure Residential Program
White’s Residential Private Secure Program provides a secure environment for youth who are capable of building significant relationships with adults but who may:
- Demonstrate higher risk-taking behaviors including those consistent with disruptive, impulse control and conduct disorders.
- Have had previous residential placement or other out-of-home care
- Experienced more intensive behavioral issues which cannot be maintained in a less restrictive environment
White’s Clinical Services program is an integral part of residential treatment and includes licensed therapists, psychologists and a board-certified adolescent psychiatrist. Our team utilizes an in-depth, holistic approach to treatment, building healthy character skills needed to meet life’s challenges during the teen years and into adulthood.
Therapeutic services include:
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Psychological evaluations
- Psycho-educational groups
- Independent living skills training
- Experiential and vocational activities
- On-campus Challenge Education course
- Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT)
- Trauma-focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- On-campus Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) and Equine Assisted Learning (EAL)
White’s Residential & Family Services is Indiana’s largest social services agency offering accredited and comprehensive residential, foster care, independent living, adoption, and home-based services. White’s serves families and children, from infants to youths of 21 years, irrespective of race or religious background. Youth are placed at White’s through state and county DCS and juvenile probation offices, through the Department of Corrections (DOC), through the Department of Education (DOE) and through private placement. All services are provided without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or military status.